START MONKEYING AROUND
Here’s a lesson in primate evolution: Back in the caveman days (the 1960s) the first Honda Monkey showed the world how much fun Homo Sapiens could have on a motorcycle. Then a couple years back, we introduced the new Monkey, and the riding world went ape again. Now it’s getting even better, because for 2022 the Honda Monkey gets a new engine (the same as our newest Grom), with a higher 10:1 compression ratio that increases power and adds to the bike’s zippy performance. Plus, an extra gear in the transmission (it’s a five-speed now) means it’s even more versatile. It’s the perfect way to get around town, or just have some fun monkeying around. Complete with ABS and available in Pearl Black and Banana Yellow, it’s more fun than, well, you know the rest. (European Model Shown)
- 12-INCH WHEELS: Tough and strong, these cast wheels and wide tires are just what the urban rider needs.
- STANDARD ABS: The Monkey ABS gives you an Anti-Lock-Braking System designed to help with controlled stops in less-than-ideal conditions. Whether it’s on wet pavement that’s slipperier than a banana peel, or compromised road surfaces, the Monkey ABS helps you ride with confidence.
- INVERTED FORK SUSPENSION: Here’s a huge improvement over the original Monkey bike: Like a top-of-the-line sportbike, the 2022 Monkey features an inverted hydraulic fork front suspension for control and road feel.
- TWIN REAR SHOCKS: The Monkey has twin rear shocks. Combined with the fat tires and cushy seat, they smooth out the roughest pavement in the urban jungle.
- 125CC FUEL-INJECTED ENGINE: For 2022, the Monkey ABS gets a engine with higher compression, the same as in our 2022 Grom. Nobody can match Honda’s reputation for engines, and even though the Monkey may be compact, it’s a giant in terms of performance and reliability.
- EASY TO PARK: Because of the Monkey’s miniature stature, it’s easy to park in the city, and to store when you’re not riding. There’s always room for a Monkey!
- FUEL CAPACITY: Got a small fuel budget? The Monkey will make it look gigantic. With a 1.5-gallon tank and incredible fuel efficiency, every fill-up will take you farther than you ever thought possible.
- HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES: The Monkey features 220mm front and 190mm rear single disc brakes for excellent stopping power.
- CHUNKY TIRES: The Monkey’s high-aspect-ratio tires do more than just look cool. They’re extraordinarily practical too, giving you tons of grip and absorbing bumps or rough road surfaces.
- HIGH-RISE HANDLEBAR: Sure, the Monkey may be small, but we sized it to fit adult riders. Case in point—check out the high-rise handlebar, so you can sit up and check out the world as you ride.
- LOW SEAT HEIGHT: Whether you’re flat-footing it into a parking space or just stopped for a long light, the Monkey’s super-low 30.5-inch seat makes it easy to maneuver and ride.
- MULTI-FUNCTION DIGITAL INSTRUMENTS: Retro meets modern in the Monkey’s instrument cluster. The round housing is totally 1960s, while the display features speedometer, odometer, A&B trip meters, fuel gauge, and indicator for low/high beam. It even greets you when you first start the bike!
- ROUND CHROMED LED HEADLIGHT: The Monkey’s round headlight looks retro, but its performance is totally up to date and provides superior illumination and visibility.
- FIVE-SPEED TRANSMISSION: Sure, the Monkey is cute, but its five-speed transmission gives you all the durability, control and efficiency of a conventional motorcycle. Plus, the extra gear this year increases top speed for highway cruising.
- LED TAILLIGHT: Forget about big, bulky taillights—the Monkey’s LED lamp is bright and clear.
Front - Single 220 mm hydraulic disc; ABS
Rear - Single 190 mm hydraulic disc
Front - 120 / 80-12
Rear - 130 / 80-12
Curb - 231 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
Four-stroke, SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Bore x Stroke
50 x 63.1 mm
PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment
1.5 gal. (including 0.5-gal. reserve)
TBD MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider weight, and other factors
31 mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. of travel
Twin shock; 4.0 in. of travel
One Year - Unlimited-mileage, limited