GO AHEAD, START MONKEYING AROUND
Do you have a favorite song that always puts a smile on your face? In the world of motorcycling, the Honda Monkey is that song. Everybody loves this little bike, and for good reason—it’s small and light and has plenty of zip. It’s approachable, and there’s even a practical side, since it's highly fuel efficient. But the Monkey isn’t some retro primate throwback—the 2023 model features the same engine as our Grom, another fan favorite. A five-speed transmission makes it even more fun, and there’s even ABS for safer stopping. But at the end of the day, it’s the fun factor that wins out in the biggest way. These days, we all need a little more Monkey in our lives. So what are you waiting for? Go ape—on a 2023 Honda Monkey.
- 12-INCH WHEELS: Tough and strong, these cast wheels and wide tires are just what the urban rider needs.
- INVERTED FORK SUSPENSION: Here’s a huge improvement over the original Monkey bike: Like a top-of-the-line sportbike, the 2023 Monkey features an inverted hydraulic fork front suspension for control and road feel.
- TWIN REAR SHOCKS: The Monkey has twin rear shocks. Combined with the chunky tires and cushy seat, they smooth out the roughest pavement in the urban jungle.
- 124CC FUEL-INJECTED ENGINE: The Monkey ABS uses the same engine as our 2023 Grom. Nobody can match Honda’s reputation for engines, and even though the Monkey may be compact, it’s a giant in terms of performance and reliability.
- FIVE-SPEED TRANSMISSION: Sure, the Monkey is cute, but its five-speed transmission gives you all the durability, control and efficiency of a conventional motorcycle. Plus, the extra gear increases top speed too.
- EASY TO PARK: Because of the Monkey’s miniature stature, it’s easy to park in the city, and to store when you’re not riding. There’s always room for a Monkey!
- FUEL CAPACITY: Got a small fuel budget? The Monkey will make it look gigantic. With a 1.5-gallon tank and incredible fuel efficiency, every fill-up will take you farther than you ever thought possible.
- HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES: The Monkey features 220 mm front and 190mm rear single disc brakes for excellent stopping power.
- LOW SEAT HEIGHT: Whether you’re flat-footing it into a parking space or just stopped for a long light, the Monkey’s super-low 30.5-inch seat makes it easy to maneuver and ride. Plus the seat’s thick padding, generous size and eye-catching cover make it perfect for all kinds of monkeying around.
- CHUNKY TIRES: The Monkey’s high-aspect-ratio tires do more than just look cool. They’re extraordinarily practical too, giving you tons of grip and absorbing bumps or rough road surfaces.
- HIGH-RISE HANDLEBAR: Sure, the Monkey may be small, but we sized it to fit adult riders. Case in point—check out the high-rise handlebar, so you can sit up and check out the world as you ride.
- MULTI-FUNCTION DIGITAL INSTRUMENTS: Retro meets modern in the Monkey’s instrument cluster. The round housing is totally 1960s, while the display features speedometer, odometer, A&B trip meters, fuel gauge, and indicator for low/high beam. It even greets you when you first start the bike!
- ROUND CHROMED LED HEADLIGHT: The Monkey’s round headlight looks retro, but its performance is totally up to date and provides excellent illumination and visibility
- STANDARD ABS: The Monkey ABS gives you an Anti-Lock-Braking System designed to help with controlled stops in less-than-ideal conditions. Whether it’s on wet pavement that’s slipperier than a banana peel, or compromised road surfaces, the Monkey ABS helps you ride with confidence.
- LED TAILLIGHT: Forget about big, bulky taillights—the Monkey’s LED lamp is bright and clear.
Front - Single 220 mm hydraulic disc; ABS
Rear - Single 190 mm hydraulic disc
Front - 120 / 80-12
Rear - 130 / 80-12
Curb - 231 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
#420 Chain; 14T / 37T
Four-stroke, SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Bore x Stroke
50 x 63.1 mm
PGM-FI; 24 mm throttle body
Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
1.5 gal. (including 0.5-gal. reserve)
169 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider weight, and other factors
31 mm inverted fork
Travel - 3.9 in.
Pearl Nebula Red
One Year - Unlimited-mileage, limited