Honda’s Shadow Phantom makes a point of standing out by not trying to stand out. In a world of look-at-me noise, its understated, confident style is a perfect match for what this bike is all about: performance, ride quality, practical muscle, and above all straight-up riding fun. Subtle visual highlights include spoked wheels, black rims, bobbed fenders and matte black accents. Then there’s the engine, a blacked-out 745cc V-twin with a throaty twin exhaust, built to deliver the wide torque spread every cruiser rider wants. New colors this year keep it fresh, and the low seat height and pullback handlebar keep it comfortable. Pure Honda, pure performance, pure cool. The Shadow Phantom is exactly what you want from a modern cruiser.
- LOW SEAT HEIGHT: Skimming the pavement at just 25.8 inches, the Phantom’s low seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze. And the Phantom’s narrow seat/tank junction makes it feel even lower.
- GUNFIGHTER SADDLE: Sleek, one-piece gunfighter-type seat is comfortable and looks great too.
- SHAFT FINAL DRIVE: Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft final drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the road. And an added plus: it helps keep your bike cleaner, too.
- 2-INTO-2 EXHAUST SYSTEM: Sleek pipes feature bullet-style mufflers for that classic cruiser style of yesteryear. Large-diameter head pipes and 2-into-2 system design combine to put out true, V-twin cruiser sound.
- FIVE-SPEED TRANSMISSION: Wide-ratio five-speed transmission lets you cruise the boulevard at a low, unhurried pace, yet allows you hop on the highway without revving the engine through the roof.
- PROGRAMMED FUEL INJECTION (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Shadow's fuel injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- THREE-VALVE DUAL-PLUG COMBUSTION CHAMBER: It’s the best of both worlds: The three-valve combustion chambers used on many of our V-twin cruisers feature two intake valves and one exhaust, helping them breathe efficiently to boost both horsepower and torque.
- FRONT-DISC BRAKE: If there’s one place you don’t want retro performance, it’s your brakes. That’s why we gave the Shadow Phantom a 296mm front disc for distinctly modern stopping power.
- V-TWIN ENGINE: Nothing pumps out the torque like a bold V-twin. The Phantom’s power makes it perfect for around-town cruising, commutes and casual weekend-long rides.
- STYLISH FINISH: Bobber-inspired styling with extensive blacked-out and matte finishes.
- SHORTY FRONT FENDER: Minimalist front fender gives the Shadow Phantom a lighter, cleaner, more progressive look.
- SPOKED WHEELS: Spoked black wheels and hubs feature a 120/90-17 front tire and 160/80-15 rear tire to complete the overall custom look.
Matte Black Metallic
Front - Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear - Drum
Front - 120 / 90-17
Rear - 160 / 80-15
Curb - 549 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel ready to ride)
SOHC; three valves per cylinder, 52° V-twin
PGM-FI, 34 mm throttle body
Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment
Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
3.7 gal. including 0.9 gal. reserve
56 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors
41 mm fork; 4.6 in. of travel
Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. of travel
Matte Black Metallic
One Year, Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited